Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Nashville Baby!


This past weekend some girlfriends and I got together to celebrate Caitlin's last two weeks as a single lady...cause she's getting married!!!

Can you say Bachelorette Party?

We headed out to Nashville Friday afternoon in Daniel's Escalade.  It got all pimped out with all the bachelorette swag we could find.  It made the trip more interesting, especially when the flag flew off the drivers side window.

I'm sure the cars behind us appreciated that little present.

When we got to the hotel, we immediately tried to find a store that sold adult beverages, aka, alcohol.  Luckily, the nice man at the front desk sent us to the one liquor store in town where we were pretty much guaranteed to get mugged in the parking lot.


Drive In Liquor Store?  Uh huh.
We promptly turned around, pulled out the Google search on the cell phones, and found a new store.  Right across the street from the bar and club we would be frequenting that night.  And we didn't feel like we would be mugged, or murdered, which was nice.

We headed back to the hotel, where five women shared one bathroom in an attempt to get ready for our night on the town.  That hotel room must have been magical, because we managed to get ready without incident.  It also helped that there was a mirror on almost every wall.

Dinner was at Cheddars. The food was decent and the prices were fair for the portions we got.  Our server was, well, special.  My sides were better than my entree, but that could be because I love carrots.  And those carrots rocked, well, as much as a veggie can rock.  Because it's a veggie.  I suppose it could rock if someone gave it a little mini guitar...

And a hat.  The band of misfit carrots needs a hat.
I got off topic.  Pics of food!!!

Chicken!  And Shrimps!!!
My yummy sides!
Carrots and some broccoli casserole!  Yummy! 
Up next, the most random night of bar hopping ever, because we went between the same two bars, Tribe and Play.  We walked into Tribe and immediately started to make friends.  Well, Caitlin's Bachelorette sash started making friends.  Same thing.  We were warned, by a very helpful couple (and the random guy) that the show that was going to start at 11 would be packed by 10:30.  They were wrong. It was packed at 10:15.  

While we waited in line to get in, we were met by Caitlin's friends Matt, Grant, and Kitty.  They proved to be invaluable local contacts throughout the weekend.

By the time we made it into the club, it was so packed we couldn't move through the crowd.  We made the choice to wait it out on the other side of the club, but it wasn't really our "scene" as it were, so we went back to Tribe.  After hanging out at Tribe for about half an hour, we went back to Play for the show at 1!

By the way, did I mention this was a drag show?

Naturally, the show started at 1:30 AM and not 1.  There were some fierce queens, and some queens that just needed to take their hot mess of self back home.  But my favorite queen was the performer who dressed up as Edward Scissorhands!



The Queen who's name I can't remember!!!
The decor of the club was all done up for Friday the 13th!


It actually looked like Halloween threw up all over the place.  Which is cool, because I like Halloween.

We got back to the hotel around 4 AM, which was great, because I woke up that morning at 8:15 and couldn't go back to sleep.  Joy.  the rest of the ladies all woke up around 9:30, 10 ish and got ready to head to the recently reopened Opry Mills mall...which is huge.  We grabbed lunch at the Rainforest Cafe before heading out to shop!


Renee, Kim, Tina, Me and Caitlin...and the fish tank!

The fish tank behind our table!
 If you ever go to the Rainforest Cafe in Nashville, ask for Sammy as your server.  He was great.  Polite, but not pushy, and put up with a table full of crazy ladies!



My fuzzy picture of the shrimp platter.

I cut open my Bacon wrapped shrimp
and found it was stuffed with crab!
The atmosphere was cheesy as all get out, which of course means I loved it!  The place has a thunderstorm almost every half hour, so it gets all dark, thunder crashes, and lightening flashes! 


Yup, that's a "tiger" and her "cubs"
After lunch we decided to brave the mall.  All those stores, so little time.  We had a blast.  Tommy Bermuda, Banana Republic, Steve Madden, Coach, Vera Bradley! 


Vera Bradley's Daisy Deco Julia bag.

I picked up this sweet little number at the Vera Bradley Outlet!  I almost bought it on EBay a few months back for $55, but I paid $35 for this one in the store. Hello savings! 

We left the mall around 6 and went back to the hotel room to get ready for dinner.  After a full day of shopping, every one's feet hurt and we were glad for the small break.  While getting ready for dinner Caitlin announced that she didn't want to hit up the clubs, cause she was tired and her feet hurt.  After every agreed, we headed out to Cabana, which is near Vanderbilt University!

Cabana!
This was, hands down, every one's favorite place.  The service was fantastic!  Dvora, our server, was everything we could have asked for.  She had a quick wit and a good memory.  She was such a great server that I hunted down the manager to let him know.  By the way, if you have great service at a restaurant, please don't hesitate to let the manager know.  He/She hears about it when the service is bad, but they rarely get told when the service is great.

Kim, Caitlin, Me, Renee, and Tina.
I think I shall tell you about the food now.  This food is amazing.  I do believe it is the best meal I have ever had at a restaurant. We ordered 3 different appetizers, which they called small plates.  And we all ordered different entrees.  As you can imagine, there was much sharing of the meals going on at our table.

Small plate #1-Homemade chips with Gorgonzola sauce
Small plate #2-Bacon Cheddar Grit Bites
Small plate #3-BBQ Pork Wontons

Kim had the Pan Seared Scallop Hot Brown.  I had a bite of the scallops.  They were not what I expected when I took a bite.  They were warm, delicately fried, and, most importantly, juicy.

Caitlin had the Jumbo Lump Crab Cake.  It was good.  I had a small bite, as Caitlin ate most of it!
Jumbo Lump Crab Cake!
Tina had the TN Sweet Potato -Ricotta Ravioli.  I also got a bite of this.  It was, again, not what I expected.  It was sweet, cooked to perfection, and a slightly tangy sauce

Renee got the Buttermilk Fried Chicken Breast.  It came with my favorite side-peas!!  I also had a bite, or two as she was sitting across the table from me, off her plate.  The chicken was wonderfully tender, the gravy was the right consistency, and the peas were awesome.  I love peas.
Buttermilk Fried Chicken!

Me, well, I had the Lobster Mac and Cheese.  It came in a martini class!!!  The coolest thing was this was the first time I have ever had lobster.  Ever!  And it was fantastic.  The pasta, lobster, and sauce was divine!  I couldn't have asked for a better introduction to Lobster.
Lobster Mac & Cheese!

Then there was the desert.  We all had to know if the desert was as good as the rest of the meal.  It was!

Banana pudding, brownie napoleon, and coconut cake were our deserts of choice.  I could eat all three for dessert every day. 
Brownie Napoleon!
All in all, if you ever go to Nashville, hit up Cabana and ask to be seated in Dvora's section.  You will have a great time!

We spent several hours at Cabana and then went back to the hotel.  We just hung out, talked, watched some weird show on TruTV, and I tried to sleep. 

Sunday we all woke up, packed up, and headed out.  But first we made a stop at the Green Hills Mall to eat at the Cheesecake Factory.  It was a lot of fun.  Especially when one of the servers brought us the bottle of champagne for the mimosas, and she dropped it on the tile floor.  Good thing we were sitting outside!

I had lemon ricotta pancakes and I shared them with Tina, who had eggs Benedict, and she shared with me.  brunch was great.  After brunch we headed inside the mall and hit up Nordstroms.  I bought a shirt (clearance!!) and Renee picked up a dress.  We then got on the road and headed back to Memphis. 

I'm gonna miss Nashville and all the good times we had, but I am glad it is so close by.  I am already planning on going back, with loads of money, just so I can shop.  I do love to shop.  So do the other ladies, otherwise we wouldn't have made it almost 6 hours in the Opry Mills mall. 

I am also glad I got a chance to know Kim and Tina better.  They are both fantastic ladies who I am proud to call friend.

Oh yeah, and Caitlin and Renee were there too.  They are pretty cool.  I mean, the whole reason for the trip was to celebrate Caitlin's impending wedding.  And won't that be a party!

Till next time everyone, when I talk about stuff.  Maybe food, maybe the book I got today.  Who knows! Cabana on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment